Wednesday 23 September 2015

WOYWW - dumfing!

Good morning fellow WOYWWers!
AND how are we all today? Well, I hope.

Today I am in the mood for dumfing.
I dipped into my bags of gorgeous wool rovings and set out the "fluff" for a piece of wet felting.
This will become the background to one of our needle felted (dumfed) pictures.
It's a wet job so I should really be doing it in the kitchen but the bright sunshine was beaming through my sewing room window so I thought I would tackle it here where all my bags of rovings are stored.

The two little poppy pictures are ones that Maxine made earlier using another of my dumfed background pieces. She is hoping to get a good stock of pictures finished ready for the Christmas rush!!

You will have to pop back next week and see what has become of the latest wet felted piece as I doubt I will have time to do it and take a photo for this post.

Just in case you have no idea what I am talking about - here are a few we made earlier....



Well that's it for this week.
No doubt Maxine will be blogging (Tilly Tea Dance) about our happy birthday party for Ben who is now one. It was a really lovely "sunny day in the garden" sort of party - we were so lucky with the weather.

Have a great week.
Thanks for calling by.

x Jo

21 comments:

Helen said...

your felting pieces are always so gorgeous!! Helen 8

Annie said...

My dumfer is out and available now so I'm sure, once I've found everything that goes with it, that I will be having dumfing fun too :-) Have a great week.
Hugs,
Annie x

Julia Dunnit said...

My word, sunshine, rovings, felting....words I know little about. But I know what I like and I love the results, you must get so much pleasure from it. The fuchsias are amazeballs.

Lynn Holland said...

Happy dumfing Jo, I'm pinning and beading heehee.
Have a lovely week
Lynn xx

Lunch Lady Jan said...

What a happy post, Jo! I can just imagine you in your craft room, sitting in the sunshine surrounded by glorious colour. Doesn't get much better than that, does it? I'm so glad everything went well for Ben's party...it's so much easier when you can get everyone outside!!
Hugs, LLJ 12 xxx

Evalila said...

Oh, these are beautiful! Love the second one - and the poppies (I ALWAYS love poppies **LOL**) Happy WOYWW, Evelyn # 26

Lisca said...

Your felting is so beautiful! I love the fuchsias. (well I love them all really).
Have a good week,
Lisca#20

Fiona@Staring at the Sea said...

Those fuschias are lovely. Such pretty colours.

Fiona #27

Zsuzsa Karoly-Smith said...

Amazing creations! I'v enever tried this before. Happy WOYWW! zsuzsa @ InkyDinkyDoodle #37

Neet said...

Gorgeous work as always Jo, and the second photo reminds me so much of a Monet painting - was that the idea?
One day I will get around to trying this dumping like you do instead of the random stuff I do.
Have a good week.
Hugs, Neet 15 xx

Sue Jones said...

Beautiful felting! have a great week. Soojay 16 xx

Unknown said...

You are soooo good at this art! It all looks gorgeous. Isn't it funny how crafters just get in the mood for certain things? I've been in the mood lately to bring out my little loom and weave some squares, and I don't know why. Happy WOYWW! Sandy Leigh #40

Unknown said...

I have heard of felting but never tried it, looks like something I could get addicted to! Fabulous job, they look absolutely touchable!
Lizzie #52

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Gorgeous results, love the felted pictures. Have a great woyww and happy crafting, Angela x 36

Robyn said...

Those fushias are stunning! I'm always inspired here!
Robyn 14

Bridget Larsen said...

Never heard of dumfing but there are two blogs this week that mentions it
Bridget #1

Nikki said...

I love looking at all your dreamy looking wool creations they are all little master pieces :)
hugs Nikki 5

Robyn Oliver said...

Hi Jo..happy WOYWW. WOW I just love your dumfing works of art - colours are great and looking forward to seeing your finished pieces. Cheers RobynO#29

Sylvia/LittleTreasures said...

Gorgeous...Gorgeous....and more Gorgeous.. I love every part of your designs, color, shape and subject. It's rare to see this in our area. And me I need to watch a video or 2 just to figure out this new sewing machine It's a Brother computerized...and I realize I am now old ! Enjoy the week we are having beautiful fall weather, but rain kept me focused on what I need to do inside. Happy WOYWW

Diana Taylor said...

Oh what gorgeous little pictures - they are all beautiful but I especially love the waterlilies and dragon fly one, very Monet! The fuschia also looks quite stunning against the black. Hope you have a great week,
Diana #22

glitterandglue said...

Lovely pictures, Jo. Reminds me I must get my dumfer out and do some more before Christmas comes around!!
Take care. God bless.
Margaret #7&9