Friday 24 May 2013

Friday smile - those were the days!

Can you believe this?!!!

This is a photo of my primary school youth hostelling trip to Snowdonia - I think I was about 9 or 10.
We stayed at Bryn Gwynant Youth Hostel with our Head Teacher Mr Stone and a class teacher Miss Jones.

I am the one on the right in a summer frock, plastic mac and school shoes.

We climbed Snowdon - right to the summit where it snowed in June- dressed like this!!!
It could never happen today could it.
BUT I have to say it was one of the happiest times and we learned such a lot about ourselves, life, nature and the world around us.

Such fun!!
And no I don't still have that plastic mac!

Pop over to Annie's blog "A Stitch in Time" for more smiles of the day.

x Jo


11 comments:

Annie said...

I bet that plastic mack is tucked away hiding somewhere Jo :-)
Love the pic.
Hugs,
Annie x

The Weaver of Grass said...

I think I could dig out similar photos twiglet - times have changed. I used to take my class to London every June as a treat (they were sixth formers) until I found out that most of them went to London regularly. Kids are so sophisticated these days and in some ways it is such a shame. Sorry you are at the top of my blog list in red - shall get my son to remove it when he comes - I can't see how.

Angie said...

What a fantastic photo to have ...one look and it triggered so many memories for you. I had a love/hate relationship with my plastic mac!!!
I am not sure that two teachers would be thought of as enough nowadays ...but I think up to 11 ish kids would still enjoy a trip like this...well I hope so.

Carol said...

Hi Jo, great photo . I remember school trips to Derbyshire and staying in"dorms" at Longshaw Guest House. Happy days.
Have a lovely weekend, Carol xx

JoZart Designs said...

Super nostalgic pic Jo! How time flies but didn't we value the simple times far more in days of yore!!
Jo x

Gill Edwards said...

life seemed much simpler then eh. Elf n safety would never allow it now. Great photo

Gill x

BumbleVee said...

boy, some kids sure did fun things in school....we never did anything like that..... how young and eager you all look...... those were the day alright .....

Laura said...

What a fab photo!
:)

fairy thoughts said...

Those were the days.... Before health and safety tried to kill us all. I had a plastic mac like that too.... Happy days
Janet @9

Elizabeth said...

Super photo of bygone times. Back in our day we had school clothes, Sunday clothes and play clothes and that was about it. You wouldn't get today's youngsters climbing any mountain unless they were dressed in the right gear for the occasion, i.e. designer gear :)) Somehow, I don't think they have as much fun as we did back then. Elizabeth xx

Lyn said...

What a lovely photo and great memory. You are right it wouldn't happen these days! Xx