Sunday 17 June 2012

Dumfing workshop.


Saturday was dumfing day!!
When M came home to see her Dad for Father's Day we had time for an hour or two in the sewing room.
She loves to craft with me and uses it as a good stress buster.
Having seen my poppy picture (last pic on this post), she decided she wanted to make some.

She had already made the tiny dumflings in the picture but fancied a different style.
So with a little direction from the one who knows......
She made the 3 gorgeous little poppy dumflings in the front of the pic above.
They are made with wool rovings and yarn, dumfed with the needle felting machine into felt.
Then the detail is added with free machining and beads.
Here she is at the sewing machine..
 


















And here are my little poppies that I made earlier.

It was just lovely to spend time together and share a crafty session.
She went home happy, with a box of baking that we made for a fund raiser for the charity she works for and her 3 little dumflings.
I just cleared up the mess and then carried on where I left off......... pop back tomorrow to see a few more dumflings.

Thanks for calling by.
x Jo


16 comments:

Annie said...

Those look really stunning Jo. Think we all benefit from a bit of crafting stress relief :-)
Hugs,
A x

Di said...

BIG WOW! These are just amazing Jo - so beautiful. Brightened up an unhappy day here so thanks honey! Di xx

...the yorkshire fox... said...

...just awesome Jo! loVe what you gals have been doing, it's all so very pretty to look at & althought I've never felt it it looks beaytifully tactile...fabby work...Mel :)

Angie said...

This is just like looking at magic being created ....no matter how many times you explain ... yoy are a wizard.
Your 'wot no' brought back memories ...I loved them.xx

Carol said...

Fabulous poppies, wonderful to enjoy time crafting with your Mum.
Carol xx

Lynne said...

Stunning work! I love poppies and these are fabulous. Hugs Lynne xx

Annie said...

Hi Jo I absolutely love your poppies. How sweet to be crafting with the family too. I recently made my first ever trip to Wales. It was absolutely stunning with lots of castles and I particularly enjoyed Conwy. X

Ann B said...

Wow, beautiful work. Would love to try felting - love the tactile crafts - but will have to make do with the 'by hand' method.

SueH said...

Oh Jo, I can see why M was inspired when she saw your Poppy picture, it’s stunning!
Mind you, those little dumfings that she’s made are just as gorgeous I bet they were fiddly to make, being so small.

Sue
x

Neet said...

Just had to look because of the poppy theme - wonderful work by the two of you - obviously mother and daughter make a brilliant team.
Hugs, Neet xx

trisha too said...

GORGEOUS!!!!

:)

Lisa-Jane said...

I absolutely adore these pictures, I love the textures and the colours. Goodness I wish there was someone near here who could teach me as I have never seen anything like this before. Gorgeous!

Sarah Anderson said...

these are so, so gorgeous! Love, love, love, love, love them :)

HeARTworks said...

Absolutely gorgeous! Your hands have magic in them! Patsy from
HeARTworks

Mrs Mac said...

Such GORGEOUS poppies!!!

Dorothy E. Behling said...

Such a very nice
Best Webcams For Video Conferencing