Saturday 14 August 2010

Beat the credit crunch!!

How can you tell we have had too may wet days????
Last week my daughter M. set me a challenge.
She bought a really cheap racer back T shirt from the supermarket and suggested that I add a bit of glamour to it for her. She had a smart one from River Island and decided that it was such a simple idea, she thought I should do something similar with her plain one.





 
At last, my carboot bargains have proved really useful.
I used some of the gorgeous lace which I bought two weeks ago and a neat little bracelet that I paid 50p for ages ago.


It took about an hour on a rainy afternoon and I think it was worth the effort.
What do you think?
I guess if M. likes it I shall have to run up a couple more.
Maybe I can extend the idea to a few different T shirt styles. I think I would like one but I don't think a racer style would be a good look for me!!!

11 comments:

Felted House said...

What a good idea - I think that's been a very successful project and just the right mindset for now - taking something that's good value and personalising it! xx

peggy gatto said...

clever and stylin!!

Jensters said...

What a great idea Twiglet and its turned out stunning...well done x

Annie said...

Fab idea Sis....just one of many coming from you :-)
See you tomorrow......yahoooooo
A x

Unknown said...

That is a brilliant idea! I sometimes buy a garment and change the buttons, that always makes a big difference too. Susie xx

mckinkle said...

What a fab make over Jo, Im sure your daughters friends will be after them too so you may never get the chance to make one for you! With a racer back or not! lol!
Who's kidding, I bet you really want to make a boob tube top dont you?!
(Blimey I remember when they were all the rage first time around!)
Me? I'd go for the skinny rib cut off myself - NOT! lol!

Keryn x

Twiglet said...

Hi Keryn
just chuckling about your comments

Yes - I remember boob tubes - I wore one to garden once ( only the once!!!) In the days when I was respectable if I went bra -less - well maybe only in my back garden.
Unfortunately you can't defy gravity can you ..... I bent down to pull up weeds and the elastic top flipped over and down to my waist!!!! lol. Exposed to all and sundry and very red faced. Luckily there was no-one about - or at least they were all too nice to admit having watched me rush quickly indoors to protect my modesty!

Linda D said...

Looks good to me! Cheap and unique - the best kind of fashion.

Sue Pinner said...

A girl after my own heart.....great design and for next to nothing hey? FAB!
would be great if you could both make it to the next one discussions on where for next week as the Theatre are fully booked and said they wouldn't serve coffe etc outside the table area!!
watch the blog and l let all know asap
Hugs Suz x

mashy20 said...

Love the top!!! what a clever idea.......I might take up this idea myself. You're so clever x

Friko said...

boarnice job. It's a very good idea to personalise supermarket stuff, another string to your bow? How about applique?
There's probably a market for it out there. Credit crunch?
Not for you.