Saturday 19 September 2009

Lovely cards & cushions!

I have just visited a friends blogshop - http://calicokateoriginals.blogspot.com/

Calico Kate makes her own cards and also makes gorgeous cushions from vintage embroidered cloths and napkins. If you want something a little different for a gift or card just follow the link.

Wipso and I have been busy with cards, curtains and cosy tops.
She has a holiday coming up and needed her new tops making, ready to take away with her. As you will see if you read her blog http://wipso-astitchintime.blogspot.com/ she has been extremely busy and struggling with a very sore eye too. So - big sister to the rescue - I have made two smart tops for her using the fabric she bought from Abakhan. I think she was suitably pleased!
This week I shall be busy preparing for my visit by friends from Yorkshire so the sewing will have to wait. I am itching to get going on some smocked, Autumn frocks for Phoebe. I found a super, little top in Sainsbury's and have adapted the pattern to suit my smocking. Hopefully I will get it done before I am inundated with curtains and blinds for my daughter's new house.
Today we had the church garden club sale on Wipso's front garden. She has continued this event, supporting the garden club Dad helped set up over 30 years ago. He always allowed them to use his garden and even gave guided tours of his magnificent vegatable plot! Since 1989 when he sadly passed away, Wipso and her hubby in a million have held the sale, twice yearly, to raise funds for the club. All the members bring spare plants and produce to sell. It was like Harvest Festival with apples, damsons, blackberries, marrow, beetroot, tomatoes and lots of plants at knockdown prices! We even had a raffle and lucky old me - I won a bottle of red wine!
So thanks Wipso - I shall raise a glass to you tonight as I watch part two of "Strictly Come Dancing!"

4 comments:

Annie said...

There is no need for thanks sis. It's just what I do in the knowledge that there is a wonderful old man somewhere looking down on us with great pride for making the effort. A x

Calico Kate said...

Hey Twiglet! That was a surprise!! Thank you for your lovely comments and the link.
Have just been reading all about your Garden club - what a lovely day you had.
Enjoy the wine!
CKx

Friko said...

You are a fond pair. I wish I had a sister, sigh.

Guess whom i saw yesterday? SBS, whom you know very well, I'm told, came here, and brought mountainear! I hope to meet you and Wipso some time soon.

Twiglet said...

Hi Friko
You are welcome to pop to me anytime and we could always nip down Hope valley to see Wipso in action!!